Gautham completed his undergraduate (BDS) training in 2004 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India. His interest in teaching and orthodontics led him to take up a post as a Tutor in Nitte University, Mangalore, India and during this time simultaneously completed the International Qualifying Examination to register as a dentist with the GDC and the MFDS examination at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2007.
He went on to pursue a specialty training programme in orthodontics at Chennai, India and was awarded with a Master’s degree from Saveetha University in 2010. He moved to Penang, Malaysia to take up a post as a Lecturer and during this time he completed the MOrth diploma from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2011 and joined the GDC orthodontic specialist list in 2012. More recently he completed the FFD (Orth) examination and was awarded with a Fellowship by Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 2014.
Along with this clinical lecturer role he is presently undergoing post CCST training in orthodontics, working between Dundee Dental Hospital and Aberdeen Dental Hospital and pursuing a PhD at University of Dundee.
- An interview based survey on Dental Community’s awareness and management protocol towards functional dental problems of the disabled.
- Atomic force microscopic assessment of surface characteristics on enamel after debonding: In-vitro study.
- Evaluation of Frankfort Horizontal Plane and its deviations in cephalometrics.
- Stress distribution patterns at mini-implant site during orthodontic loading in different directions using three dimensional finite element method.
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching for BDS students in orthodontics.
- Clinical and non-clinical teaching for MSc in Orthodontics programme delivered in Cairo.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Surendran, S., Sivamurthy, G. Current applications and future prospects of stem cells in dentistry. Dental Update 2015; 42: 556- 561.
- Sivamurthy, G., Kumar, A., Samantha, C. Modified Support Phase Appliance after Twin Block Therapy. SRM Journal of Research in Dental Sciences 2014, 5(1): 63-4.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Deviant Frankfort Horizontal plane: Erroneous reflections of cephalometric values in vertical skeletal discrepancy cases. International Journal of Dental Sciences and Research 2013, 1(1): 1-4.
- Kumar, A., Sivamurthy, G., Ragavan, C. Invisible labial attachments in lingual orthodontics. SRM Journal of Research in Dental Sciences 2011, 2(1): 5-6.
- Sivamurthy, G. Genetics in Orofacial Clefts. Lambert Academic Publishing, 2014.
- Sivamurthy, G. OSCE in Orthodontics. In: Chakravarthy, PVK., et al. (ed 1). OSCE for Clinical Dental Sciences. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2014.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Management of Hemifacial Microsomia: Use of Distraction Osteogenesis – A Case Report. 22nd Malaysian Dental Association Scientific Convention, Kuala Lumpur.Rastogi, P.,
- Sivamurthy, G., Surendran, S. Clinical Audit to Assess Follow-up of Traumatic Injuries in Permanent Dentition. 22nd Malaysian Dental Association Scientific Convention, Kuala Lumpur.
- Sivamurthy, G. Preparing for MOrth Examination: Where do you start. 17th Indian Orthodontic Society’s Postgraduate Convention, Mangalore.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Deviations in the FH Plane. 11th Penang Dental Congress, Penang.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Stress Distribution Patterns at Mini- Implant Site during Orthodontic Loading in Different Directions. 4th World Implant Orthodontic Conference, Sydney.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Stress Distribution Patterns at Mini- Implant Site: A Finite Element Study. British Orthodontic Conference, Bournemouth.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. FH Plane at Fault! What next? Indian Orthodontic Society Mid-Year Convention, Bangkok.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari S. How smooth is smooth: Effect of Debonding. 61st Indian Dental Conference, Mangalore.
- Sivamurthy, G., Sundari, S. Surface characteristics on enamel after debonding: Atomic Force Microscopic assessment. 12th Indian Orthodontic Society Postgraduate Convention, Pune.
- Sivamurthy, G. Sensitizing Dental Community towards Functional Dental Problems of the Disabled. 3rd Triennial Commonwealth Dental Association & 54th Indian Dental Association Congress, New Delhi.